Ohhh.. Here’s a fun one! Although, I am a little hesitant to start making a list when I have some great shows to see coming up.
Ahem, Dixie Chicks, Eagles, Dar Williams and Lady Gaga.. it’s a summer of good things to see.
What are the five best bands you’ve seen play live?
5. It might have just been the atmosphere… or that the tickets were free… or that I was 14. But, I saw Celine Dion at Red Rocks amphitheater in Colorado in 1995. We got free tickets from a radio station, and I don’t think I knew more than two songs, but the show was incredible.
4. My first real concert (besides seeing Rafi with my mom) was New Kids on the Block, at the Iowa State Fair, when I was in 2nd grade. Tiffany and Tommy Paige opened for the show. My aunt Joyce took me and both my cousins. I am pretty sure it was the best nite in my whole 7 years of life. It was about all I could handle… it was that good.
3. In January 2009, Derek and I went and saw Girl Talk at People’s in Des Moines. Holy-floor-shaking-non-stop-dripping-sweat-dancing! It was an out of control show.
2. We took my dad to Elton John this year for his birthday. It was insane how good the show was. Elton sounded wonderful, and played (with no opener) for 2.5 hours. How can you not love a show that you know every song and can dance along to all of them?
1. Hands down. The best show live ever was Daft Punk at Lollapalooza in 2007. I am pretty sure I didn’t stop moving the entire show, it was a constant dance party. The lights were crazy amazing. It was a true show, in the sense of music, lights, performance, costumes, etc. I haven’t seen anything better… before or since.